The Wadi Rum Rock Resort
Wadi Rum Resort is a concept created by Florida-based Oppenheim Architecture + Design for an 80,000-square-foot hotel in Wadi Rum, Jordan that will become a reality in 2014 when the rock is cut away and rooms are built in its facade. Wadi Rum is a stretch of desert in Jordan where there are rock formations and ancient rock paintings and carvings. With this resort, Oppenheim offers a harmonious unity between nature and man, working with the native materials and formations to guide their design.
For more information on the resort, as well as images, visit Design Milk.
- A Rum do! – Wadi Rum, Jordan (travelpod.com)
- Rock City! – Wadi Musa, Jordan (travelpod.com)
- Desert lodges (via wordlessTech) (thespiritportal.wordpress.com)
- Incredible Desert Resort Carved Into the Side of a Mountain (techeblog.com)
- Rock-Cut Desert Lodges – Oppenheim Architecture and Design Creates a Hotel Inside Desert Rocks (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)