Toys “R” Us Facility Getting Largest Solar Rooftop in U.S.
A Toys “R” Us distribution facility in New Jersey will soon be home to the largest solar rooftop installation in the country. The huge installation will feature 37,000 solar panels producing 5.38 MW of power.
Toys “R” Us has entered into a 20-year power purchase agreement with the Constellation Energy Group — the builders of the project — and will meet 72 percent of the facility’s energy needs with the solar power system. The facility’s carbon footprint will be reduced by 4,569 tons.
- Largest US Solar Rooftop to Be Built on Toys R Us in New Jersey (treehugger.com)
- Toys ‘R’ Us building massive rooftop solar project (news.cnet.com)
- Can’t put solar on your roof? Try your parking lot (zdnet.com)
- Toys”R”Us, Inc. Announces Plans to Install North America’s Largest Rooftop Solar Power System at Distribution Center in New Jersey (prnewswire.com)
- The Top 10 Solar States (ecomagnificent.com)
- Inhabitat’s Week in Green: floating trains, dead bees, dirt-powered phones and Cornish pasties (engadget.com)
- Solar Rainbow Announces 800kW Solar Rooftop System on Paramount Assets Warehouse (prnewswire.com)