Toyota Sells One Millionth Prius in U.S.
More than 97 percent of Priuses sold since the car’s debut 11 years ago are still on the road, confirming two things that were unsure back in 2000 — that millions of people would want to buy a hybrid electric vehicle and that the vehicle would be just as durable and reliable as a conventional car over a decade later.
That’s great news for all the electric car launches happening now and in the near future. What may seem like a vehicle only coveted by a small percentage of people now, could have millions and millions of drivers in just a decade. And the benefits will be measurable: since 2000, the Prius has saved 881 million gallons of gas and 12.4 million tons of CO2 emissions.
via USA Today
- Toyota Sells One-Millionth Prius in the U.S. (prnewswire.com)
- Toyota sells 1 millionth Prius hybrid in US (sfgate.com)
- Toyota sells 1 millionth Prius hybrid in U.S. (thestar.com)
- Toyota sells its millionth Prius hybrid in the U.S. (content.usatoday.com)
- Toyota sells 1 millionth Prius hybrid in US (seattletimes.nwsource.com)