Porsche Sets Super High Price and Limited Number for 918 Spyder Hybrid
Porsche has started taking orders for the 918 Spyder plug-in hybrid supercar, but they’re keeping the list exclusive with a super high price and a limited production number — the German automaker is asking $845,000 for the car and is capping production at, ahem, 918.
If you’re one of the lucky people out there that can gets themselves on the list, you’ll be getting a lot of performance from the sporty hybrid. The vehicle is outfitted with a 500-horsepower V8 engine and two electric motors worth another 218 horsepower. It will be able to go from zero to 100km/hr in 3.2 seconds and has a maximum speed of 199 mph.
From an efficiency stand point, it should get 78 mpg under normal driving conditions, but if you’re taking it to the race track, expect the fuel economy to drop. The car can run in all-electric mode for up to 16 miles and the battery can recharge in three hours.
Porsche isn’t set to start production on the car until September 18, 2013, so for those that make an order, you’ll have to wait about 2.5 years before it’s in your driveway.
- Porsche 918 Spyder – Plug-In Hybrid Supercar (runnerupclothing.wordpress.com)
- Would you pay $845K for this hybrid Porsche? (venturebeat.com)
- Officially Official: Porsche releases 918 hybrid details, priced from $845,000 (autoblog.com)
- Would You Pay $845K for This Hybrid Porsche? (nytimes.com)
- Porsche Debuts Electric Boxster Prototype (ecomagnificent.com)